Full Stack Developer, Posted by Jobs in
We are the UK’s largest independent web analytics consultancy, based near Old Street tube in London. We are looking for a bright enthusiastic developer to join our new product team.
Our product – Uplifter – uses data to optimise website performance through machine learning algorithms and data visualisation. Uplifter is a SaaS product. It is currently in beta but is due to launch in February 2019.
We have a fun, diverse and vibrant culture with respect for work-life balance. You will be in a cool, single floor warehouse-style office near Old Street roundabout, the tech hub of London. We are growing rapidly with about 30 staff in total, covering data collection, analysis, optimisation, data science and training. We recently opened an office in Hong Kong to expand our reach in Asia-Pacific.
Typical daily activity
In a typical day, you could be:
- Sharing your current challenges and prioritising development tasks during morning stand-ups.
- Interrogating and/or creating wireframes which contain new product features.
- Implementing new frontend / backend product features, with clear, well written documentation.
- Implementing new data sources from API’s into the backend architecture.
- Fixing technical bugs in the code and responding to customer feedback tickets.
- Training and mentoring clients to use the product effectively.
In addition, you may be asked to help with sales / marketing of the product at conferences and events.
You will need to be:
- Eager to learn
- Good at solving problems
- Curious, energetic, positive, enthusiastic, with an enquiring mind
- Good at working independently and within a small team
- Good at designing and creating effective user experiences
- Able to demonstrate your skills through projects you have worked on
You will need to have:
- At least 2 years’ coding experience most of the following:
- CSS3 (bootstrap)
- Python Flask
- Cloud architectures (Azure)
- Confluence/JIRA for Documentation and Git/Azure Dev Ops for source control
- Developing product features. Working in a project environment to implement, test and improve product features to increase the products value to clients.
- Technical support. Responding to requests for help from our customers and fixing potential coding bugs. This can be demanding as clients expect a quick response and high-quality service.
- Mentoring team members. Coaching and mentoring junior members of staff to help them increase their knowledge and develop as developers. Ensuring you all reach your productivity targets.
- Pipeline management. Managing your current workload to optimise the time and resource you have available. Identifying and prioritising new ideas which would make the product more valuable to customers. Working with the product team to produce a vision and roadmap for the future.
Mezzo Labs sees itself as a talent incubator – we hire exceptional people and help them to grow their talents. We encourage you to join projects that stretch your capabilities and to attend training courses that accelerate your skills growth. You will define your own development path and work with your manager to grow and move up through the company. How quickly you do that is up to you. Our job is to support you on that journey.
You will be given the opportunity to learn various Machine Learning techniques from our strong links with the University of Westminster Computer Faculty.
We want you to be as happy as possible in your time at Mezzo Labs. We don’t just say this – we mean it. We give all staff a personal structured life coaching programme, Inside Out. As part of this programme, you will have access to a dedicated life coach to help you define and reach your goals, whether they be in the workplace or outside. By the end, you will have written your own unique book – with your aspirations, your goals, and a plan of how to get there.
We are now the largest independent web analytics agency in the UK. We have 30+ people in our office near Old Street Roundabout in central London, and are growing at 40% per year.
Our projects range from simple tag remediation and ad hoc reporting, to fully-integrated analytics implementations, automation, predictive modelling and machine learning. We created our product team in 2018 to build new SaaS products which could automate some of our professional services and accelerate global growth.
We launched Uplifter’s beta program in Lisbon Web Summit in Nov 2018 and were oversubscribed with potential customers from a wide range of geographies. We are now working to release version 1.0 in Q1 2019 and grow subscription revenue to a self-sustaining level.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org