Cyber Security Analyst / Developer – London
We are the UK’s largest independent web analytics consultancy, based near Old Street tube in London. We are looking for a bright enthusiastic developer to join us on a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project.
This is an exciting position to manage an ambitious computer security/data governance project. Working with industry and academic experts you will help Mezzo Labs become a market leader in data governance and security with innovative security software and governance processes.
A degree in Computer Science (or related subject) or equivalent relevant experience and a Masters with final project in a Computer Security subject, or equivalent industry/research experience.
The candidate must possess strong technical skills/experience in:
• Software development with multiple languages
• Data governance, security frameworks and risk management
• Implementing cryptography algorithms
Essential skills required:
• Methodical worker, following quality assurance principles across the project, as a leader and as part of a team
• Self-motivated, good verbal and written communication to explain benefits of algorithmic solutions, data governance and security policies
• Taking responsibility and developing innovative solutions to unexpected challenges
• Blockchain or other hash-based technology
• Machine learning algorithms
• Scientific writing for publication
• General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Responsibilities in this role include:
• Developing, testing and embedding software solutions using computer security and machine learning algorithms
• Developing and embedding data governance policies and processes
• Collating and presenting project updates to senior stakeholders and colleagues
• Producing management reports and research papers
Opportunities available to you:
• £2k p.a. in training allowance
• 10% of your time to personal development
• 25 days of holiday p.a. +1 extra day on your birthday
• Two ‘one week’ management residential training programmes
About Mezzo Labs:
Mezzo Labs is the UK’s premier digital analytics consultancy. Based in London with 25 employees, it specialises in collecting and analysing digital marketing data. It helps improve digital marketing performance of major corporates, including Barclays, HSBC, William Hill, Three and many others across various sectors. It recently opened an office in Hong Kong and is expanding into Asia-Pacific. It also recently launched its own AI-product, Uplifter.
This post forms an integral role in a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project. It provides you with unique opportunity to be based in a company to deliver a strategic project and have access to university expertise and support.
Salary: £38,900 – £45,000 + 2K p.a. will be allocated to training and personal development
Department: Computer Science and Engineering
Location: Based at Mezzo Labs – Central London
Closing date: Midnight on Friday 3 May 2019