Managing Consultant – Insights
This is a full-time, permanent role.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Managing Consultant is responsible for:
- Leading Digital Insights Team
- Overseeing the client experience provided by your team
- Line managing 5-7 direct reports
- Coaching and mentoring team members to help them improve as individuals
- Delivering consulting projects
The role is based in London, but travel to client sites around the UK may be required 1-2 days per week. Overnight trips are rare but may be required occasionally.
Typical daily activity
The Digital Insights team is part of the Professional Services Team. Your team will be dedicated to servicing a portfolio of clients.
Your team will have a range of insight skills (e.g. digital marketing analysis, data visualisation and reporting). You will need to have a good understanding of how to deploy that range of skills to achieve the clients’ objectives.
The role requires great versatility, including people management, client management and commercial management. The Managing Consultant also needs to be able to work on billable tasks.
You will be responsible for distributing work across the team. You will drive the performance of the team, keeping them motivated and engaged as well as coaching and developing individual team members, helping them to grow and to reach their potential. You will also be responsible for hiring individuals as the need arises.
However, this is not just a people management role. You will be hands-on with the delivery of specific, large or strategic projects. It is a client-facing role. You will spend around 25% of your time with clients, helping to deliver current projects and discovering future needs.
You must be comfortable with commercial arrangements with clients. To be successful in the role you will need to identify and develop new opportunities within your clients. In addition, you may be required to help with creating proposals and work orders and to attend new business pitches as a subject matter expert.
Drive service performance
- Ensure that the team achieves its utilisation target (80%)
- Achieve personal utilisation target (20%)
- Manage the workload of the team, balancing client needs with resources and skills available
- Identify inefficiencies in delivery methods and processes and implement solutions to improve efficiency
- Hold regular one to ones with team members
- Conduct personal reviews with team members twice a year
- Coaching and mentoring team members so that they grow and exceed those targets
- Hire new members of staff that will enhance the team
- Manage performance issues within the team
- Act as a lead consultant
- Escalation point for all projects in your client portfolio
- Ability to spot or create new opportunities within existing clients
We encourage staff to work on projects that stretch their capabilities and attend training courses that accelerate their skills growth. Mezzo Labs sees itself as a talent incubator – we hire exceptional people and help them to grow their talents. You will define your own development path and work with your manager to grow and move up through the company. How quickly you do that is up to you. Our job is to support you on that journey.
We want you to be as happy as possible in your time at Mezzo Labs. We don’t just say this – we mean it. We give all staff a personal structured life coaching programme, Inside Out. As part of this programme, you will have access to a dedicated career coach to help you define and reach your goals, whether they be in the workplace or outside. By the end, you will have written your own unique book – with your aspirations, your goals, and a plan of how to get there.
Key measure of success
- Client satisfaction and retention
- Team utilisation and billable revenue
You will need:
- Strong people management skills
- Experience of leading teams of 4 or more people
- At least 5 years working in web analytics, insight or CRO, ideally majoring in digital insights.
- Strong communication skills – able to communicate clearly to clients and colleagues in both written and spoken English. A strong grasp of grammar and spelling is essential.
- A good understanding of web technology, with a desire to learn more and try new tools
- Team player – be a generous and likeable team member
- Curiosity – be energetic, positive and enthusiastic, with an enquiring mind
- Proof of right to work in the UK
Preferably, you should have:
- Bachelors degree in a relevant subject
- High attention to detail – able to check data extremely carefully to identify any errors
For more information, or to apply for this role, please email email@example.com