Dynamic Tag Manager (Adobe) Fundamentals
Our Dynamic Tag Manager (DTM) training course is designed to give a complete overview of how the Dynamic Tag Manager tool works. We will look at the different types of rules, conditions, variables and scripts, to understand how to collect the right data from your site, as well as how to use a data layer for a more robust data collection structure.
Our Dynamic Tag Manager training will leave you confident in understanding the DTM interface, its core capabilities, how to set it up, check for errors and manage it.
Please note that at this time, DTM training is offered only to customers requiring bespoke training on their existing DTM environment.
Please get in touch to talk to us about your requirements and we can tailor the course content to your level of experience and business need.
- Tagging Overview: Data layers, tools, conditions, variables, custom scripts, and properties
- DTM Set up: Initial set up, the data layer, properties, local testing, publishing and debugging
- Tagging: Different rule types, custom metrics and custom dimensions, event tracking, 3rd party custom scripts
- Conditions: Page views, clicks, other triggers, and utilising regular expression
- Variables: Built in and custom variables (data elements)
- Data layer: Build a custom data layer, single page applications, and debugging
- Managing DTM: Property management, user management and version control (History)
- Understand the key elements of Dynamic Tag Manager (data layer, rules, conditions, and variables,) and how they interact.
- Learn how to set up DTM, use properties, preview tags and variables using the Adobe Launch Switch tool (debugger) before publishing
- Become familiar with the core tools (prebuilt tags), conditions and variables within DTM
- Learn how to use built in variables and how and when to create custom variables
- Understand non-standard elements such as how to track different types of single page applications, implementation of cross-domain tracking and implementation of virtual page views
The training is suitable for people who are familiar with using Adobe Analytics to see how their website is performing, or who have attended our Adobe Analytics – Introduction course (insert link). No previous knowledge of DTM is required for this course.
Our Dynamic Tag Manager training course is aimed at people wanting to understand the different types of rules, conditions and events, and how to manage them via DTM.
The training is primarily aimed at developers wanting to become familiar with the DTM set up, marketers and analysts looking to expand their technical experience or manage their DTM set up.
• One-day classroom-based training course in central London
• Small groups of maximum 10 attendees
• Expert DTM trainer
• Hands-on practical exercises and interactive quizzes
• Training materials shared after the course
• 3 months of post-course email-based support
• Excellent coffee, artisan sandwiches and plenty of snacks through the day