Build High Impact Campaigns that Comply with European E-Privacy Regulations
This session looks at how to build online campaigns that comply with European E-Privacy Regulations (including both the current and the upcoming versions of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (‘PECR’)).
The training provides an overview of the current regulations (including the impact of the GDPR) and insight into new regulatory developments expected to be introduced in December 2018.
The training will then focus on how marketing and campaign managers can evolve new processes to help ensure that any marketing campaigns are compliant with the new legislation.
This half-day training course will be delivered by Raoul Lumb, a leading Data Protection lawyer, who regularly appears on the BBC as an expert commentator on technology issues.
- Data Protection Legislation: The relevant aspects of the new Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Overview of the current Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR): What these regulations mean for online campaigns, cookies and analytics, and targeted advertising by e-mail, SMS and telephone.
- The revised PECR: what the new regulations will mean for marketeers and how they will impact on and offsite campaign activity in practice.
- How to document compliance – actions to be taken and documentation required
- How the regulations relate to your media agency – DMP’s targeting and re-targeting
- Comprehend the evolving Data Regulation environment and how the requirements of the PECR relate to and build on the requirements of the GDPR
- Understand the key elements of the revised Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and begin preparing for their effect ahead of time
- Assess the impact PECR will have on your different marketing channels
- Review the changes required in your marketing activities to help ensure that you can document compliance with the revised PECR when it comes into force
- Design and implement effective, high impact campaigns that respect and comply with European E-Privacy regulations
The Implications of Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations training course is for people looking to understand more about the new regulations and how they are going to impact marketing activities with your existing customer base and potential customers in the future.
This course is suitable for anyone working in marketing or campaign management, who will need to show that they have taken due care to ensure that their marketing activities are PECR compliant.
- Half-day classroom-based training course in central London
- Small groups of maximum 10 attendees
- Legal content delivered by a leading Data Protection lawyer
- Hands-on practical exercises and interactive quizzes
- Online training manual
- Excellent coffee, artisan sandwiches and plenty of snacks through the day