Introduction to Data Manipulation with Python
The Introduction to Data Manipulation course focuses on Python’s powerful pandas library. This hands-on training will provide students with the fundamentals of data analysis in Python and the pandas library.
- Python set up: Ensuring Python set up on machine or online access via Microsoft Azure Notebooks. Python environment set up including installation of required libraries.
- Pandas library Introduction: Overview of Pandas/Numpy and the Jupyter notebook environment for creating and sharing documents.
- Pandas Data Structures: Series and DataFrames
- Input & Output: Text files, Excel files, clipboard, HTML, JSON, SQL.
- Data Manipulation: Merging, Filtering, Concatenating, Reshaping, Pivoting, etc
- Working with Dates and Times: Formatting data for commonality
- Top tips and tricks
- Analyse data quickly and easily in Python using the Pandas library
- Confidence using the Jupyter Notebook as an environment for data exploration including data cleaning, transformation and data visualization
- Import, build and manipulate DataFrames to structure your data for manipulation and analysis
- Gain a skillset in Python
This course is suitable for those who have basic programming knowledge and provides a practical introduction to Python for data manipulation. Tailored towards web/data analysts, this course is perfect for those involved in the analysis and management of data.
In particular, if you are tasked with regular reporting, or find yourself deep in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, this course aims at providing the foundations for users wanting to make the leap from analysis in Excel to Python.
The Introduction to Python for data manipulation training is aimed primarily at data/web analysts but is suitable for anyone wanting to advance their knowledge of how to start utilising Python in their workflow. Students should be familiar with basic data analysis concepts and have some basic programming knowledge.
- One-day classroom-based training course in central London
- Small groups of maximum 10 attendees
- Hands-on practical exercises and interactive quizzes
- Post-course online training manual
- 3 months of post-course email-based support
- Excellent coffee, artisan sandwiches and plenty of snacks through the day