Python Fundamentals for Web Analysts
The Introduction to Python for Web Analysts course covers core fundamentals of the language from the perspective of a Web Analyst. This hands-on training will provide familiarity with Python and confidence to start using this programming language to help aggregate and visualise data.
This course will take you through the introductory concepts of Python to provide an overview of terminology, tools, packages and data structures that can be applied in an analytics environment.
- Installing Python: How to set up Python on your machine/ online access via Microsoft Azure Notebooks.
- Introduction: Python Interpreter/Jupyter notebooks, Language introduction, Structure, Statements, Resources
- Python Object & Data Structure Basics: Data Types including numbers, sequences and Dictionaries, Variables, Expressions & Operators
- Control Flow Statements: Controlling the order in which a program’s code executes including if, while and for statements
- Functions: Grouping statements into reusable function calls
- Regular Expressions: Powerful tool for text manipulation
- Modules and Packages: Intro to modules and libraries, including Pandas
- Input/Output with Basic Text Files: Reading & writing to CSV files
- Top tips and tricks
- An understanding and overview of the Python 3 fundamentals
- Creating, reading and writing to files
- Understand the different sources of data that can be handled via Python
- Iteration through strings, lists and ranges to speed up queries
- Build reusable functions allowing you to call code repeatedly using a single short command
- How to use conditional statements and loops to set up control flow logic within your code
- Understand how modules and libraries provide standardized solutions for many problems that occur in everyday programming, and where to find the most relevant ones.
- One-day classroom-based training course in central London
- Small groups of maximum 10 attendees
- Hands-on practical exercises and interactive quizzes
- Post-course online training manual
- 3 months of post-course email-based support
- Excellent coffee, artisan sandwiches and plenty of snacks through the day
- Earn continuing professional development (CPD) hours with every course you take