Graduate Training Programme
“Although the job market is booming for experienced web analysts, it is still way too hard for graduates to get their feet on the bottom rung of the career ladder.”
Founder, Mezzo Labs
Getting on the first rung
Few companies offer graduate training programmes for analysts, preferring to buy in top talent from all over the world. Mezzo Labs takes a different approach – we use our Graduate Training Programme to find tomorrows rock star analysts amongst students from universities across the UK.
Our programme lasts 6 months, with a decision point after the first 3 months. At the end of the programme, if you have achieved your targets, we will offer you a permanent position.
What we offer
Working directly within the Professional Services team, our graduate trainees get hands-on exposure to all of our capabilities (insights, technical and optimisation). Typical work includes:
- Extracting and analysing data to produce reports in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Writing tagging specifications for Google Analytics, WebTrends and Adobe Analytics.
- Analysing the results of an AB test.
These are hands-on roles, not “job watching” roles – an opportunity to put into practice all the learning from your degree, both offline and online.
What we ask for
As a rule, graduate trainees who thrive on our programme look like this:
- Education: A post-graduate qualification (MA or MSc) in business, marketing or analytics (or a strong Bachelors degree in comparable fields), and a desire to learn more.
- Character: Energetic, highly motivated, an enquiring mind, a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of success, commercially astute, dynamic, sociable and generous (Generous is one of our brand values)
- Experience: Previous experience in marketing is preferred but not essential; a strong work ethic and passion for digital marketing, on the other hand, are essential.
- Skills: Communication, IT, Influencing, technically strong in insight, analytical, and influencing people.
The Mezzo Labs difference
So how is our Graduate Training Programme different from others?
- It is a proper job. In return for your hard work and commitment, we’ll pay you a salary of £22,000 p.a and give you 25 days holiday (pro rata).
- It is real work. You work with real clients on real billable projects. You’re one of the team. We won’t ask you to do anything that we wouldn’t ask one of our analysts to do.
- You will learn. You tell us what you want to get out of the internship, what success looks like, and we’ll help you get there.
- It is a trial for a permanent role. Show us what you can do, show us you have a passion for analytics and for making clients say wow, and we’ll offer you a permanent position at the end of it.
If you want proof that the programme works, look at Iulia Cioara. Iulia joined our Summer 2015 Internship programme (the precursor to our Graduate Training Programme) after graduating from Regents University with a masters in Digital Marketing & Analytics. Six months later, she started as a full-time permanent Insight Executive, and in January 2017 was promoted to Senior Insight Executive. She is now working with clients like Barclaycard, HSBC and Marie Curie, plus an active member of the Measurecamp committee and an invaluable member of the Mezzo Labs team.
What to do next
We are always on the lookout for exceptional talent, and we appreciate that graduation is a busy time for you. So, unlike other companies, our Graduate training programme accepts applications all year round. Even Christmas Day.
Interested? Here’s how to apply.
- Download the Analysis Test and prepare an appropriate response to the challenge within.
- Send us your CV and your response using the Graduate Training Programme Application form.
- We will review your application and invite successful candidates to a one-hour interview in our London office. In this interview, you will be asked to give a 15 minute presentation on your response to a client case study we will provide.
- We will make our decision and let you know as soon as we can. It is a team decision and based mostly on how well we see you working with your team members and with our clients.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE CURRENTLY NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2018… PLEASE CHECK BACK IN FEBRUARY 2019